Skip to Content
Phone: 518-250-4281
Fax: 518-250-4296

Did Your Salary Just Go Up? So Did Your Child Support Payments.

On October 13, 2010 Article 4 of the Family Court Act was amended so that the Court may modify an order of support including an order incorporated into an agreement or stipulation of the parties where (1) three years have passed since the order was entered, last modified or adjusted; or (2) there has been a change in either party's gross income by 15% or more since the order was entered, last modified, or adjusted.  A reduction in income shall not be considered as a ground for modification unless it was involuntary and the party has made diligent attempts to secure employment commensurate with his or her education, ability, and experience.  However, the parties may specifically opt out of the above provisions in a validly executed agreement or stipulation.